Submitted by: Carole Mantel
- 2 zucchini, grated and drained (toss grated zucchini with 1 1/2 tsp. salt and allow water to drain 45 min., squeeze excess with a towel)
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt ( 1 1/2 tsp. is to draw water from zucchini-see above
- 3 lg. scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 c. finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. grated gruyere cheese
- 1/2 c. grated mozzarella
- 5 T. flour
- 5 T. olive oil plus more for frying
- Panko bread crumbs to roll fritters in
Mix all ingredients and form into small round balls. Roll in panko bread crumbs. (Note: very messy). Deep fry until golden brown or form into half-dollar size patties (similar to making potato pancakes) and fry each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
Note: Serve with Tzatziki sauce for dipping. Serve for Shavuot or Sukkot.
You’ll find more delicious recipes in our new Beth El Cookbook: Fishes, Knishes, & Other Tasty Dishes. Order yours today!